Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Deja Vu All Over Again for Texas Golfer

Most golfers dream of making a hole-in-one just once in their life. Lubbock resident Danny Leake got to live that dream recently during the Texas Tech Rawls Course club tournament. Then he got to relive that dream the very next day. On the exact same hole, with the exact club.

No word on whether he was wearing the the exact same underwear, but I'll bet the next time he hits the links, he's wearing the same briefs.

ESPN has the rest of the story here:
...Leake, 53, aced the sixth hole Saturday with a 5-iron from 174 yards. He aced the same hole with the same club from 178 yards in Sunday's final round.

Leake, who has a 14 handicap and was seeded in one of the tournament's lowest flights, quickly became the talk of the clubhouse.

"My 5-iron is becoming my favorite club," Leake was quoted as saying in Monday's editions of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. He said he was more than satisfied with his ace Saturday and had no thought of repeating the shot.

Leake went on to win the sixth flight with a score of 87-84-85--256.

"I've always wanted to make a hole-in-one, but I'm nowhere near as good a golfer as most of the people [at the tournament]. That's what make this whole thing crazy," Leake said. "I'll probably never hit another one as long as I live, but I'm OK with that."




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home