Wednesday, October 03, 2007

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like...Fall

I returned from a business trip the other evening. The lovely Mrs. Smith greeted me at the door with a smile. "So, do you notice anything different?" she asked. Why do women always wait until the worst possible time to spring a pop quiz on you? So, I smile convincingly and reply, "Sure honey, your hair looks great!" I lie. "No" she says, "I didn't get my hair fixed." Uh, oh, I've got one more chance, better make this good.

Thankfully, Mrs. Smith decided to let me off the hook. "Look around the house" she announced proudly. I took a second look around the house. It was like Autumn had vomited orange and brown everywhere. Pumpkins, gourds, and all things FALL were all around the house. "So, what do you think?" she asked. Now, I'm not the brightest bulb on the string and I've even been called a slow learner. But I have learned a few things in our 20+ years of wedded bliss. "WOW! honey, it looks great!"

Decorating for Fall? When did this start? Why was I not invited to the meeting? I just don't get this decorating for Fall. Christmas I get. But Fall? Somehow I suspect the folks at Hobby Lobby are to blame for this.

Oh well, if the trend at the mall is any indication the Fall decorations wont stay up long. It's almost time to put up the Christmas tree.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home