Saturday, April 22, 2006

Dinner Bell - Granny's Kountry Kitchen

Granny's Kountry Kitchen
101 South 1st Street
Grandview, TX 76050
(817) 866-3969

I recently found myself in the tiny town of Grandview at lunch time. So I drove around the old part of town, while pangs of hunger racked my body, looking for a place to eat. Fortunately, I stumbled upon Granny's Kountry Kitchen. The first thing you notice about Granny's is all the pick-up trucks parked around the cafe. Definitely a good sign. Inside, I discovered why. Granny serves up a huge amount of good home-cooking at a very reasonable price.

While Granny's has a menu, your best bet is to ignore it and go with whatever the daily lunch special is. The Daily Special is posted on a white board against the far wall. On a recent visit, I enjoyed Granny's lunch special. The feature of the day was chop sirloin wrapped in bacon and covered with brown gravy, corn on the cob, a generous helping of green beans, a large baked potato with all the fixin's, rolls, and a small bowl with just enough banana pudding to leave you with a pleasant sweet taste. The price? $5.85

If you go to Granny's for the lunch special, I'd advise you to go ahead and spring for a glass of iced tea, Grandview's water taste awful. Still, with drink, you bill will barely go over $7.00, quite a deal. Oh, and if you go to Granny's for the lunch special, don't make plans for supper. You'll still be full from lunch.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home