Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Five Centuries of Texas Maps on Display

As the Father of Fort Worth, I'm keenly interested in Texas History. That's why I intend to check out “Going to Texas: Five Centuries of Texas Maps.” The exhibit features 64 historic maps dating from 1548 to 2006. It's a joint project of the Center for Texas Studies at TCU and the the Museum of the Big Bend at Sul Ross State University.

The exhibition just recently began a 2-year stay at the Old Red Museum in downtown dallas. After that, the collection will travel around the state, winding up at the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame here in Cowtown in 2010. Don't tell Amon Carter, but I will probably make the trek east and see the exhibit in downtown dallas. But I'll be sure and take a sack lunch when I do.


Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Bernie said...

I saw a historic marker downtown that said Ephraim M. Daggett came to be known as the "Father of Fort Worth..."

What gives? Does Fort Worth have two daddies?

12:44 PM  
Blogger JohnPeterSmith said...

Bernie:
There is no need to doubt the parentage of your hometown. Despite Daggett's claims, I am the true Father of Fort Worth

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home